venerdì 26 marzo 2010

Not a Creature Was Stirring, and Then There Was Maus

by Rich Johnson

I started writing this piece on Maus as my son Evan was studying the Holocaust in school. I pulled out my hardcover slip-cased edition that had been lying around. He loves comics and graphic novels – I knew he would either love or hate them because of the career I’ve had. I am happy that he loves them – he even wants to write them. I guess if you spend part of your childhood running through the hallways of DC Comics they get into your blood. He was exposed to them at home too; we have comics and graphic novels everywhere.

He picked Maus up and said it looked interesting and he couldn’t put it down. Evan took it to school to show his teacher and they discussed it at length. I think by reading about the mice and the cats made the history of that horrific time more real to him. http://tinyurl.com/y9kaue7

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento